Just because we can’t partake in our usual social calendar doesn’t mean that there’s nothing to do in the city. And while the new normal may not live up to usual expectations, it beats binging Ozark ... again.
Check out five virtual events in NYC to keep you stimulated below:
1. Stay connected to the cities best museums. The MoMA offers virtual tours of the museum’s exhibits and access to their magazine where you can stay up to date on the latest cultural and artistic moments. moma.org/calendar
Choose from a variety of different activities put on by the Met, from classes, to tours, to performances. metmuseum.org/virtual-events
2. Give yourself return to normalcy with a game night! Order burgers, drinks and board games from Clinton Hill to enjoy with your isolation pod. clintonhallny.com
3. Take advantage of the empty streets and visit all of NYC’s amazing murals.
4. Support local artists and watch avant-garde performances and shows with The Trickle Up. trickleupnyc.org
5. Celebrate New York legends Keith Haring and Basquiat with a virtual tour of their joint exhibit ‘Crossing the Lines.” ngv.vic.gov.au/haring-basquiat
6. Have a retro social-distanced date-night at this drive-in movie at the Bel Aire Diner in Queens! belairediner.nyc/events